Let's make our community a better place, as we build God's Kingdom!
We believe that the Bible is our guide, particularly the New Testament, which focuses on the life and teachings of Jesus and His apostles, which forms the basis for our Christian thought and actions.
We recognize the principle of self-government for each local congregation with regional and general bodies serving in advisory capacities only.
We observe the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper or Holy Communion every Sunday and welcome all Christians from all denominations to participate.
We practice the Sacrament of Baptism by immersion, a New Testament practice recognized as the most adequate symbol of complete surrender and the biblical ideal of death, burial, and resurrection to new life. We accept transfers of membership through confession and accept previous forms of baptism practiced by other Christian communions of faith.
We participate in and encourage the interdenominational fellowship of Christians in worship, study, mission endeavors, and service.
First Christian Church’s Core Values
1. We exist to GLORIFY GOD.
2. We value PRAYER.
3. We value GODLY LEADERS.
4. We value BIBLE CENTERED TEACHING AND PREACHING and believe that we should strive to live our daily lives by being obedient to Holy Scriptures.
5. We value INTIMACY WITH GOD and believe it is DEPENDENT upon prayer and a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, GOD’S SON.
6. We value a servant of Christ, a person of INTEGRITY, who strives to influence for the Kingdom of God his home, work, and leisure activities.
7. We value LOVE, FRIENDLINESS, COMPASSION, and SERVICE to others; thereby, demonstrating our love for God.
8. We value sharing God’s UNCONDITIONAL LOVE WITH ALL PEOPLE.
9. We value using our TIME, TALENT, and TREASURE, as well as our SPIRITUAL GIFTS, recognizing STEWARDSHIP is a matter of Trust (Dependence) in God.
Whether you help through monetary donations, volunteering your time, or spreading our mission through word-of-mouth, thank you. We couldn't accomplish our goals without the help of supporters like you.
We are dedicated to improving the lives of those in our community by leading them to Jesus Christ. Your contribution today helps us make a difference.
Sermon from 05-01-2022
Scripture: Deuteronomy 11
Sermon from 05-15-2022
Scripture: James 4
Sermon from 05-22-2022
Scripture: Zephaniah 3
Sermon from 05-29-2022
Scripture: 2 Corinthians 6:1-10
Sermon from 06-05-2022 - Pentecost
Scripture: Acts 2:1-4; 4:23-31
Sermon from 06-12-2022
Sermon from 06-19-2022
Guest Speaker: Anne Courter
Scripture: Psalm 1
Sermon from 06-26-2022
Scripture: Romans 1:6 & 1 Thessalonians 2:2
Guest Speaker: Al Vigil
Sermon from 07-03-2022
Scripture: John 8:2-16
Sermon from 7-10-2022
Sermon from 07-17-2022
Scripture: Mark 5:24-31
Sermon form 07-31-2022
Sermon from 08-07-2022
Scripture: Isaiah 3
Sermon from 08-21-2022
Sermon from 08-28-2022
Scripture: Hosea. 11:1-11
Sermon from 09-04-2022
Scripture: Psalm 90
Sermon from 09-11-2022
Scripture: 1 Peter 1:1-9
Sermon from 09-18-2022
Scripture: Mark 9:33-40