We strive to Care, Connect and Serve the Community with the Love of Christ.
First Christian Church, as a family of faith, began growing in the fall of 1887. A dozen people met at the home of Mr. & Mrs J. T. Ashley, On May 14th, 1888 and the First Christian Church was organized with 27 charter members. These committed persons formed the congregation and in 1892 moved into their first building which had been built on the corner of 6th and Harrison. By 1907, a new building had been erected one block east. The 7th and Harrison church met the needs of the church family. The present church facility, which is located at the corner of 16th and Franklin, was dedicated in 1969. It seats nearly 300 and has been built to provide for the needs of all ages.